The first Call for Trainers for Understanding Europe Spain is now open! We are looking for young people aged between 18 and 25 years old, preferably youngsters who live in Madrid or Barcelona, and want to impart a basic understanding of European politics through an interactive EU Crash Course to young pupils. Our four-hour courses encourage pupils to become active citizens and provide a space to talk about their European questions. The EU Crash Course is meant for pupils from 4th ESO in Madrid, Barcelona and Mallorca.
How to apply:
We are looking forward to your application at: http://bit.ly/1WhsrYX. The application period ends on the 15th May 2016, at 23:59 CEST. Good luck!
What do we offer?
- Experience in non-formal political youth education
- A young and motivated team
- Practical experience in leading and moderating seminars
- Trainings in method- and content-related issues
What should you bring with you?
- Motivation and ability to work actively and on equal footing together with pupils
- Solid knowledge about the European Union
- Reliable and independent work ethic
- Experience in leading youth groups and moderating seminars is an advantage
- The possibility to work on flexible hours (conducting an EU Crash Course takes about half a working day plus travel time to the school).
We want to prepare our new trainers for the EU Crash Courses with a training. The training will probably take place on the last week of August/first week of September (pending). After the training, two trainers together conduct EU Crash Courses in schools. Every trainer should have held at least 2 courses until December 2016. The work is incorporated in the framework of the European Youth Parliament Spain and the Schwarzkopf Foundation.